Here are some tips on how to find the right personal injury lawyer for you during your free consultations:
Compare Several Personal Injury Attorneys
- Speaking to several local personal injury attorneys will give you a better idea of who you feel better about working with based on their different capabilities, fee structures, what they think your claim is worth and how you feel working together with them. Like any professional service, compare your options first before making a decision.
Seek an Experienced Lawyer with Accidents Like Yours
- Personal injury lawyers can cover a wide range of accidents but specific accidents have laws and possibly regulations that are applicable to them. Experience matters when it comes to an attorney that can win for you. Ask about their experience with your specific type of accident be it pedestrian, car, trucking, rideshare, or other.
Ask About Their Win Track Record
- What is their win rate for accidents like yours? An experienced attorney with a strong track record will likely be able to build a stronger case for you.
Work on Contingency
- Most personal injury lawyers work on a contingency fee structure but not all. Be sure to ask about their fee structure, whether they work on contingency, how much their fee is, when they get paid in the process, and what costs are not part of the fee (example: court costs). Secure an attorney that works on contingency to reduce your risk to only paying them if you win.
Ask for Referrals
- Successful attorneys have happy former clients. Be sure to ask for referrals and testimonials to get a sense of their reputation and quality for their clients.